- You love giving your children quality attention, but sometimes you don’t have the resources for it: either you are too tired and want time alone to recharge, or you need to attend to the many things that keep a household running. At those times, you’d like to leave them with a quality cultural resource that you trust.
- You feel fiercely protective of your child’s psyche in the face of much mainstream fare: the consumerism, the violence, the questionable messages. You want to find forms of entertainment that are emotionally and spiritually nourishing and better reflect your own values.
- You feel concerned at how much screen time children have these days, and you know it’s not healthy for them. You want your children to retain their sensitivity and their creativity as they grow up, and not be bombarded with so much stimulation.
- You’re aware of the power of stories to shape our worldview, and you can see how the cultural story we have right now is part of what needs changing in the world. You want to raise your children in a new paradigm, a new way of looking at themselves and one another and the planet we share.
- You’ve found so many gems of wisdom on your spiritual path that you want to share with your children. But you wonder how to express spiritual truths in a form that children can readily understand.
Ahhhh thank you so much Leo.
Many years ago I was fortunate enough to attend a storytelling course in England. Stories are the heart and blood of a family, a home, and a community. Now having children of my own I am blessed to be able to offer that gift to them. BUT being a mamma means I have so much ELSE to do as well.I refuse to have a television babysit my children and there is precious little out there that is of high quality or heartfelt, in the way of stories. So, this is just to say a big THANK YOU to you and your work in the world. It is sacred work to bring stories alive to children in the way you do and we love having you in our home. All the way from your little studio in your garden shed!
Liat Lev Sokal
New South Wales, Australia
If you are a:
- Grandparent or
and you set a high value on:
- Personal growth
- Self awareness
- Emotional literacy and
Then you are in the right place! We have a variety of story collections available:
Or, read more about why stories matter and how they can speak to a child’s heart and mind.